Sunday, December 31, 2017

Know you are the Infinite


                                                   
 
                  Freedom is a state of being free. It means independence, liberty of action and power of self determination. In other words it is the release or recovery of slavery or imprisonment from one’s own thought, deed and emotion.

                  Freedom is synonymous with responsibility. In life we have to balance personal freedom with personal responsibility. Both are related and cannot have the one without the other. The quest of freedom is fulfilling our own purpose of life. Freedom by virtue is to help to bring justice where it does not currently exist and alleviating sufferings caused by the various forms of limitations. When we stop restricting ourselves and help the world to come out of the restrictions we are enjoying real freedom.

                 Freedom help us to utilise the opportunities in front of us. Freedom also allows an individual to take the responsibility as a person and as a citizen for a worldly order and peace. If you are not free or not feeling that you are free, the result is that you are suffering from fear. Fear can very well establish in a possessive and self-centred person. Fear within you can easily put you in the prison of greed, jealous, anger and ego. To enjoy freedom is to get rid of the fear within you and turn to be creative, positive and productive person. Know that you are the infinite, then why should you fear?

 

                  If we ask an individual, are you happy and free in your life?

The answer may be, Yes I am. Why is it so? It may be due to the fabulous thinking that he and his wife are in executive positions with high salary, their children are studying in the most prestigious school in the city, owns a waterfront dream house in a posh locality, both of them own expensive cars etc. And the final comment may be that, I am very happy and really blessed. Just think for a moment. He/she feels that he/she is free because of the material riches. Let’s think about his/her interior riches. Is he/she aware about it? Are we aware about it? Nothing is in our own control. A minute, itself is enough to change the materialistic world upside down. Then the rich, happy and free person will experience the pain of loss, the fallacy of possession and suffers slavery. Here comes the importance of freedom.

                 Real freedom is nothing else but detachment from material things, to others, to pride, to the money, to the past and the ego. Freedom is the knowledge, to get away from the need for possession, my wife/husband, my children, my house, my car, my job, my friends, my community likewise. When we think of what we have, we will never have enough. But when we think what we need, we will always have the feel of fulfilment. The only way to enjoy freedom and happiness is to practice detachment.

                   My early fifties, a period of three years, was a university for me to understand about me and the world around me. The lessons on every aspect about dear ones, relatives and friends opened my eyes. That helps me to become a different and honestly a better person.

                     I was and am a normally optimistic person. I have understood the fact that some relationships, circumstances and incidents are there, where everybody are not willing to accept, appreciate, understand or even love back. I started practicing law of detachment which helped me to have healthy thoughts, feelings, actions and relationships. I realised that my goal is to love myself to fulfil my responsibility to serve the universe, enjoying freedom. Now I have set emotional boundaries, to get peace, happiness and to enjoy freedom.

                      Being a human, even now there are people and situations which tend to feel negative attitude which causes stress. I can easily overcome the negativeness of these situations and now they are less frequent and less intense. Freedom helps me to live my life according to my choices. Freedom along with detachment is the genuine path of life which is absolutely amazing.

                        Those who are completely free can love all unreservedly and no longer enslaved to the opinions of others. Freedom enables one, the pure will to work without expecting any rewards and enjoy life, living in the moment. They are wise and empathetic and are free as a bird in flight.

                         Freedom in a true sense is about inner freedom to know self and others as pure souls and become aware, we all are the beautiful children/ souls of the supreme soul. Swami Vivekananda has taught as, “We are ever free if we would only believe it, only have faith enough. You are the soul, free and eternal, ever free, ever blessed. Have faith enough and you will be free in a minute,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment