Thursday, October 20, 2016

Learn to live with your differences in married life

Recognize your differences and always set your mind to defer each of the differences.
Don't wait for your spouse to get corrected and come on your way. That is the most foolish thought if you think so. But it is wise if you want to maintain your marriage in a happy way, you have to learn to live with your difference. Think how different are you from your spouse and look into the steps how you can get adjusted with that.
In my early married life we both were working and my husband has night shifts. During his night shifts when I am back from office I was so sad to see the sheets in the  bed room are scattered and unfolded. He is not having a habit of folding it back like it was before after his sleep. I hate to see things are disorganized. But he used to say, what's the matter I can do it now, but again it is like that. When I started to demand, he turned his attitude, saying, it is our home why should you get upset, nobody else is here to rank us in home keeping. I thought I need peace at home, this guy is not going to change, so let me do what ever things is organizing myself without complaining. Slowly I began to feel quite happy at home not looking into the things which are not in my control.
When we think the common things we have together and work on it, the happiness factor will reaches the peak and the home can be a heaven. And also respect the special skills of our spouse have, may be in cleaning, taking care of kids, helping in kitchen, doing laundry like that, wilfully give up our preferences for one another. In another way differences are so good to be individualistic and live a life of different perspective which can add depth into marriage. So learn to live with your differences, respect your spouse's differences and live in your comfort zone without disturbing your spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment